Patrick's Nightmare is a custom level mod for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie created by Pepperpot for Heavy Iron Modding's Halloween modding challenge. It contains three Goofy Goober tokens and three Treasure Chests.
Patrick finds himself in a nightmare after falling asleep on an empty stomach. Help him escape by collecting the cookies within the level and fighting off the monsters.
The mod is tested to be compatible with the NTSC GameCube version on Dolphin. It is recommended that the "Use Panic Handlers" setting is disabled due to the issues below.
The level starts on Nintendont, but is not optimized for consoles; the framerate is unstable and the level can crash (see below).
- Epilepsy warning: Sometimes when facing towards the start of the level, a large, bright pulsating object can appear
- Throwing an object with Patrick (e.g. throw fruit or enemies) causes the game to freeze in the main level (this ability has been disabled in version 1.0.1)
- Turrets cause an error when the player gets too close
- Navigating back up to the first level in the pause menu causes an error
- The Foggers in the first area do not detect/attack the player
- Initial release for Modding challenge
- Disable throw in main level
- Update README, add epilepsy warning