The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Deluxe (or more commonly known as Movie DX) is a quality of life mod for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie that aims to fix issues that ruin the game for some people, while adding a few visual touches. Major changes include easier Ring Challenges and lowered token requirements.
This google drive folder contains a download for the mod, a folder filled with custom textures used in the mod, and a Steamgrid folder in case you wish to add the mod to your Steam Library.
It also contains two text files that are highly recommended to be read.
Disclaimer: It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your TSSM iso. Just in case something in the mod installation process goes wrong.
Check this video out if you want to build the mod as a rom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5HI6fQVK4
Alternatively, you can use this article here, if instructions through text is your cup of tea. Setting up Dolphin for Modding
- Game may break when playing off a save file from an unmodified rom or other mod.
Not every change is listed here, only major changes, and update specific changes. v1.0
- The very disastrous initial release.
- Easier Ring Challenges.
- Flingers and Slammers added for Welcome to Planktopolis... Minions.
- Texture changes.
- Challenges have level specific versions of the players (Example: Drunk Patrick in the first Combat Arena Challenge.)
- The significantly better "initial" release
- A few OOB objects were restored/deleted.
- Bash is unlocked by default.
- Token Requirements are lowered. (Smash: 8, SpongeBowl: 15, Throw: 20, Sonic Wave: 30, Access to the Final Driving Level: 35)
- Manliness Points never decrease to 1 Point. This is to remove “anti-grinding.”
- Many levels received major makeovers.
- A few challenges were made easier, as well as easier to access.
- New FMVs for unlocking moves and their upgrades.
- A few bugfixes from the previous version.
- The removal of the pointless timer in the Floating Block Challenges.
- The ability to warp to the challenge panels rather than the challenges themselves.
- PT01.hip was fixed.
- AM01 received a total makeover.
- AM02 no longer has walls.
- New Story FMVs.
- Remade Rock Side using the recent version of IP.
- New Combat Arena Challenge #3.
- Added a checkpoint at the end of “Three Meter Island.”
- Rearranged the Extras.
- Added a 50 Point where the barrel used to be in the SpongeBall Room in Bubble Blowing Baby Hunt.
- Moved Chest #1 in No Weenie Parking Allowed.
- Shortened the Hans Trigger near the first Lava Fall in Rock Slide.
- Ring timers in driving challenges were shortened from the previous update.
- Incorporated "Disable First Upgrade Point Textbox" by Eyepie & "SpongeBob and Patrick Eyelids Fix" by MinecraftFreak73.
- Rock Slide's Macho Time Challenge is now 4:30.
- Made the Planktopolis SpongeBall Challenge easier to find.
If you want to see a complete changelog, click the link.