Five Nights in BFBB is a full game mod of Battle for Bikini Bottom created by Gravity. It's gameplay and central premise are based on the original Five Nights at Freddy's series of games created by Scott Cawthon. It was initially released as an April Fools joke on April 1st, 2022 as a "demo" for Gravity's other full game mod BFBB Deluxe, and then officially revealed and released on April 3rd, 2022.
SpongeBob is acting as a night security guard for an Industrial Park storage facility. For five nights, SpongeBob must check security cameras and close doors in order to defend against robots on their way to infiltrate the office, all without running out of power.
Features of this mod include:
- A full five night experience, with a bonus 6th Night and Custom Night.
- 5 different "threats" to fend off against. (6 if you count Sleepytime.)
- Tons of extra content, such as Behind the Scenes screenshots and Character Select.
- 2 different endings that tie into the original BFBB.
- Now compatible with Heavy Mod Manager
- Rewrote first title screen text as to not reference a BFBB Deluxe demo
- Fixed a bug where the night would continue if 6AM was reached in the middle of opening up the camera system.
- Fixed an issue where Sleepytime's music box would persist after the night ends.
- Adjusted Ham-Mer's position in CAM03 as to not obscure Robo-Patrick's first CAM03 phase.
- Rewrote intro text to not reference a demo.
- Removed the April Fools intro text.
- Added an "All 20" button in the Custom Night menu. Pressing R sets all threats to 20 difficulty.
- Added 2 more sounds for Robo-Patrick so he doesn't get super annoying after a while.
- Gave SpongeBob his Bubble Bowl ability.
- Made the sound that plays when a robot is at a door persist even if the door is closed.
- Removed various death and hurt sounds emitted from the playable characters for a smoother transition between nights.
- Fixed an issue where robots would stop moving or "deactivate" mid-night.
- Fixed an issue where a camera would be skipped when switching between cameras.
- Adjusted Robo-Patrick's 2nd CAM02 phase.